Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Let's Get Hammered!

I got completely hammered, nailed, and leveled this weekend.

As I'm sure you guessed, I'm talking about hanging pictures and the like on the wall (what were YOU thinking?). I guess I forgot the amount of engineering required to do something as simple as put a nail in a wall and hang a picture on it. It's just not that simple! And, if you live in an apartment like I do, there's added pressure to get it right the first time in order to avoid covering the wall in holes (which you will have to patch up later).

Personally, I don't really care about having things hanging on the wall. I'm hardly ever home, and when I am, all I am looking at is my beautiful baby girl and my wonderful husband; so the idea of buying picture frames just to put on the wall, and then finding all of the pictures necessary to fill those frames, is seriously more trouble than it's worth. But, it's important to Wes - apparently, it's troubling to him to spend all of his time at home staring at completely empty, white walls. So, I bit the bullet and put the crap up. The things we do for love.

Although I still have the stud-finder (which still makes me laugh every time I say it) and the laser level that I jacked from my parents about three years ago, I didn't figure out how to use them correctly until I had already broken off several drywall anchors in one wall and illustrated another with a barage of pencil marks. I was covered in white drywall powder and sweat, and I became so irritable that at one point I actually told Wes that if he whistled one more time I would beat his [hiny].

Eventually, I was able to finish the job that Wes has been after me to do for the entirety of the three and a half months that we've lived there; but if I see another hammer, screwdriver, or drywall anchor anytime in the foreseeable future, I'm going to vomit.

Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment